Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These small and decorative toasted baguettes topped with savory avocado and crab spread are easy to prepare, easy to serve and delicious to eat. They make a popular and attractive hors d'oeuvre or appetizer
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemons, rind of
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse garlic salt
- 24 slices diagonally-cut thin French baguettes, toasted (or substitute other pre-toasted crackers)
- 2 ripe avocados, seeded,peeled and cut into 24 slices (each avocado slice dipped in fresh lemon juice)
- Combine crab, mayonnaise, green onion, cheese, pimento, lemon peel, lemon juice and garlic salt.
- To assemble: Top each toasted Baguette slice (or toasted cracker) with 3 tsp of the crab mixture.
- Place an avocado slice on top of each prepared “crostini”.
- Repeat, preparing all crostini.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Reading the ingredients my mouth started watering. This would be absoutely delicious in a Pepperidgefarm pyllo dough cups too! I'm going to make this and serve it with the Lime Grilled Steak recipe I found as well. I can't wait to get home for dinner tonight!!