Thai -Style Open Crab Meat Sandwich
A hearty open sandwich, topped with a classic flavor combination-- crab with avocado and ginger. Perfect fora light summer lunch, or anytime!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3⁄4 inch piece gingerroot, grated
- 3⁄4 inch piece lemongrass, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 slices crusty bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup cooked crabmeat
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro (optional garnish) (optional)
- Mix half the lime juice with the ginger and lemon grass. Add the mayonnaise and mix well.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise over each slice of bread.
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Peel and slice the flesh thinly, then arrange the slices on the bread. Sprinkle with lime juice.
- Spoon the crab meat over the avocado, then add any remaining juice. Spoon over the remaining mayonnaise, top with a cilantro spring.
- Serve immediately.
- *** To make lime-and ginger-flavored mayonnaise, place 2 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger in a blender. With the motor running, gradually add 1 1/4 cups olive oil, drop by drop, until the mixture is thick and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.***.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION