Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I can eat this salsa as a meal It's great with any kind of tortilla chips, but I always use the ones that act more of like a spoon....or Scoop. Heck, forget the chips and just use the spoon! It's just that good. I thank my mom for this keeper.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 2 (4 ounce) cansof sliced black olives, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped (I use jarred)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vinegar, any kind
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -5 ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a med. bowl, mix the next 6 ingredients, to make a dressing.
- Add the 4 to 5 chopped avocado (depends how much you love avocados, which I DO) to the veggie mix.
- Add all the dressing to the veggies and chill at least 3 hours (if you can wait that long) to develop the flavors.
Another tasty recipe from your collection...thank you! I cut the recipe in half and added a few sliced green onions along with the regular onions and just a pinch of sugar to the dressing. (you could even add some black beans to extend this). Delicious! Definately one I will make again. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2012.