Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great on its own for lunch, or as a side dish to chicken, this healthy, meat-free brown rice salad is really tasty and easy to make.
- 6 ounces brown rice
- 6 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 avocados (remove skin and stone, and dice flesh)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 1⁄2 ounces cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 pinch dried chili flakes
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Once the rice is cooked, drain well and allow to cool.
- To make the dressing: combine the oil, vinegar and garlic.
- Transfer the rice to a serving bowl, stir in the avocado, scallions, tomatoes, chili flakes and dressing and serve immediately.