Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great fall recipe - I make this often.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- long grain and wild rice blend, with seaoning packet - 1 box
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- salt, pepper, garlic, cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet with a tight fitting lid heat oil.
- Season pork chops on both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder and cinnamon.
- Brown pork chops on both sides - about 4 minutes each side.
- remove from pan.
- add the juice, chicken stock, rice mix with seasoning packet and craisins.
- bring to a boil.
- place the pork chops back in reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- top with cheese - put lid back on until cheese melts.
This was wonderful! The cinnamon & apple juice really added to this dish. MY pork chops were pretty thick so i sliced them into strips. Husband does most of the cooking in our house, so he was shocked the pork chops were so tender. We make this often, great fall/winter recipe! Smells wonderful while its cooking too!