the perfect spanish rice can go along side any dish! try it in my chicken and rice soup recipe!
Make and share this Authentic Spanish Rice recipe from Food.com.
- in a bowl combine broth, cumin, chili powder, salt & half a can of el pato sauce (if you can't find el pato use regular tomato sauce).
- brown rice, in hot oil, in a large skillet for approximately 5 minutes flipping occasionally.
- add diced onion, minced garlic, sauté for 1 minute.
- add seasoned broth, bring to a boil.
- reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. do not check on the rice before the 15 minutes is up, this will allow steam to escape and may make your rice turn out undercooked.
- most of the water will absorb before the 15 minute time limit but keep covered and continue to steam for the entire 15 minutes. this will make for perfect rice that isnt crunchy.
- after 15 minutes turn heat off, uncover & flip rice over. recover & let sit until everything else is ready. you can let the rice sit covered for up to 25 minutes which will cook out most of the moisture & leave perfect fluffy rice.