1/1 Photo of Authentic Spanish Rice
the perfect spanish rice can go along side any dish! try it in my chicken and rice soup recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1in a bowl combine broth, cumin, chili powder, salt & half a can of el pato sauce (if you can't find el pato use regular tomato sauce).
- 2brown rice, in hot oil, in a large skillet for approximately 5 minutes flipping occasionally.
- 3add diced onion, minced garlic, sauté for 1 minute.
- 4add seasoned broth, bring to a boil.
- 5reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. do not check on the rice before the 15 minutes is up, this will allow steam to escape and may make your rice turn out undercooked.
- 6most of the water will absorb before the 15 minute time limit but keep covered and continue to steam for the entire 15 minutes. this will make for perfect rice that isnt crunchy.
- 7after 15 minutes turn heat off, uncover & flip rice over. recover & let sit until everything else is ready. you can let the rice sit covered for up to 25 minutes which will cook out most of the moisture & leave perfect fluffy rice.
Browse Our Top Spanish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Spanish Rice
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.3
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 530.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: