Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This home made salsa is fast and easy to make and lasts for at least a week. I got it from mother-in-law and have made slights changes. If you do not have a comal you can use a non-stick pan. With low-fat chips it makes a great low fat snack. We also eat it with fajitas. If you don't like spicy then start with just one jalapeño since their spiciness varies.
- 7 roma tomatoes
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 -3 jalapenos, cut in half and seeds removed
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder (garlic salt)
- On a comal place whole Roma tomatoes and jalapeños to slightly burn on all sides.
- Once the skin starts peeling off they are probably ready.
- Once ready, put in a blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender.
- Blend all ingredients 15- 20 seconds or until they look mixed.
- Try the salsa and if you think it needs more of something add it.
- I usually use 4-5 stems of cilantro and add the garlic powder after I have mixed the ingredients.
- Sometimes I don't need to add extra garlic powder.