photo by anonymous
- Ready In:
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes (1 large can-do not drain)
- 1 small onion
- 1 -2 fresh tomato
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (add just a little more then 1/4)
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves (loosely in a cup-not chopped-can add a little more)
- 3 -4 jalapenos (with seeds, microwave for almost 2 mins)
- 1 habanero (microwave for about 20 secs, slice a sliver to start)
- 3 red jalapenos (red fresno peppers, microwave for 1 - 1.5 mins. May be hard to find, not necessary but good!)
- Follow ingredient instructions to microwave peppers. Cut ingredients to fit in blender.
- All all ingredients to blender and blend to desired consistency (add a sliver of the habenero to start).
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- NOTE: May need to add more salt or even cilantro if necessary. Adjust ingredients according to taste or heat desired. If too hot, add another tomato.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was really excited to try this recipe... I LOVE a good hot salsa. It just tasted like something was missing... maybe lime juice. Also, it looked really good until I added the cilantro to the blender.. it then turned into a murky brown color. I would suggest to finely chop the cilantro and stir it in after the salsa has blended for a better appearance. I think that this is a good basic recipe, but I just need to tweak ir for my tastes. Thanks for sharing the recipe.