Authentic Mexican Salsa
This authentic salsa recipe will make your next large gathering a hit and leave people wanting more. Whether throwing a party or simply making some salsa for your own enjoyment, this recipe combines the perfect blend of spices and herbs for a wonderful eating experience. The versasility of this salsa is amazing! Try it on chips, eggs, grilled chicken or steak! This recipe is so simple, you dont need to roast peppers or cook the onion, throw it all in the blender and serve
- Ready In:
- 11 -15 dried arbol chiles (8-10 dried arbol peppers for Mild, 11-15 medium, 16-20 for Hot)
- 1 (14 ounce) can DelMonte stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Take the stems off the peppers and throw away the stems.
- Place the peppers and seeds in the bender. Blend well.
- Next toss in the stewed tomatoes with juice, 1 jalepeno (sliced), 1/2 yellow onion (quarterd), 1 garlic clove, handful of cilantro, lemon juice, salt and pepper and blend til you have the consistancy desired.
- I dont like my salsa chunky, thats what Pico De Gallo is! I also dont want it to runny so it runs off your chips, so i just "pulse" it a few times.
- If you feel the salsa looks to white from the onion this just means you need to add more cilantro to your salsa. Try the salsa with your chips and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Refridgerate for at least 1 hour before serving.