Recipe by brantley97
The cheese in this recipe is actually supposed to be Queso Chihuahua cheese, but the site won't allow it. This is a recipe I was given by a cook at our local authentic Mexican restaurant after trying for years to figure it out on my own. Goes great on any mexican dish, especially rice or with tortilla chips and salsa.
Top Review by nisea916
I haven't made this, but after reading the 1 review, I just wanted to suggest that there are two other Mexican 'melting' cheeses. Ranchero and Asadero. Of course I have no clue if it's available in the U.S. Ok, now I have a craving for the cheese dip. Thanks for the idea of serving this for my next visit with friends because this cheese dip is not normally served in Mexico. I'll let you know how it turns out with the other two cheeses.
Directions See How It's Made
- On medium low heat, pour 2 tbsp milk in medium sauce pan.
- Cut cheese into 1"x1" cubes.
- Put in pan on with milk.
- Drain jalapenos and pour into pan.
- Stir about every four or five minutes.
- Cheese will be very thick, add milk until you reach your desired consistancy.
- For leftovers, place in pan on stove top, add milk if consistancy is too thick.