1 hr 30 mins
The Doyle's Note:
I have been trying different ingredient combinations for years, trying to come up with the perfect meatball. After alot of trial and error, I truly believe this is the best meatball!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With clean hands, mix all ingredients except for milk and salt in very large bowl. Mixture will feel somewhat dry.
- 2Start adding milk approximately one cup at a time until the mixture feels more moist and pliable.
- 3Sprinkle the top of the mixture finely with the season salt and work that in as well.
- 4(The size of the meatball is up to you- I like them on the bigger side so I roll them bigger than a golfball but smaller than a tennnis ball. I also prefer baking them in the oven over frying them. They seem to brown more evenly and they hold their shape better.).
- 5Line them in a 9x13 pan sprayed with cooking spray (12 per pan) and bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20-30 min.'s or until browned.
- 6Transfer them carefully into your pot of simmering tomato sauce and simmer them only for about an hour. If you cook them too long in the sauce, they will lose their flavor.
- 7This is a good amount for a large crowd. You can freeze half if needed.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Italian Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.4
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 121.7 mg
- Sodium 872.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 34.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: