Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have been trying different ingredient combinations for years, trying to come up with the perfect meatball. After alot of trial and error, I truly believe this is the best meatball!
- With clean hands, mix all ingredients except for milk and salt in very large bowl. Mixture will feel somewhat dry.
- Start adding milk approximately one cup at a time until the mixture feels more moist and pliable.
- Sprinkle the top of the mixture finely with the season salt and work that in as well.
- (The size of the meatball is up to you- I like them on the bigger side so I roll them bigger than a golfball but smaller than a tennnis ball. I also prefer baking them in the oven over frying them. They seem to brown more evenly and they hold their shape better.).
- Line them in a 9x13 pan sprayed with cooking spray (12 per pan) and bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20-30 min.'s or until browned.
- Transfer them carefully into your pot of simmering tomato sauce and simmer them only for about an hour. If you cook them too long in the sauce, they will lose their flavor.
- This is a good amount for a large crowd. You can freeze half if needed.