1/3 Photos of Australian Damper
Virginia Cherry Blossom's Note:
Traditional Damper Bread - entering for Zaar World Tour 5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and grease a baking sheet.
- 2Stir together the flour and the salt in a large bowl.
- 3Cut in butter.
- 4Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the milk and water. Stir until the dough comes together.
- 5Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and form into a round loaf 8 inches across. Place the loaf onto the prepared pan and using a sharp knife, cut a cross in the top.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, then lower the temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes. The loaf should be golden brown and the bottom should sound hollow when tapped.
Browse Our Top South West Pacific Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Australian Damper
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.2
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.3 mg
- Sodium 591.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g