Stir-Fry Noodles With Chicken and Macadamias (Australian)
POSTED FOR ZAAR WORLD TOUR 5. From http://www.macadamias.org
- Ready In:
- 400 g hokkien noodles
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 250 g chicken breasts or 250 g tenderloin, sliced into thin strips
- 4 green onions, sliced on the diagonal (shallots)
- 1⁄2 half red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 75 g roasted macadamia halves
- juice 1 lime
- 3 -4 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄2 half cup fresh coriander leaves
- Soak the noodles in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the wok, add the oil and swirl it around. Throw in the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden all over. Add the shallots and capsicum and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the drained noodles and toss well to combine. Add lime juice and sweet chill sauce and toss again.
- Divide between two warm bowls. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Tip - 10-12 medium green prawns (cleaned, deveined, tails left on) can be substituted for the chicken.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have to agree with the other reviewers that this was lacking in flavour and on the dry side. I made the prawn variation and also added some onion and garlic. When I saw how dry it was, I made up a little slurry of water, cornstarch and some ground ginger and red curry paste. This really helped the texture, making the noodles slippery and easier to eat and providing a really good flavour boost. I think this is a good base recipe that lends itself to experimentation and variation.Reply
I wasn't sure what the sweet chili sauce was suppose to be (heinz?) I ended up doing a spicy garlic chili sauce, but not that much! Used a little extra peppers, green and red. Subbing spaghetti noodles for the hokkien noodles. I like Karen like more sauce with my noodles. Thank you for posting. Made for ZWT 2009Reply
Made as directed, although I doubled the ingredients for a family of 5, it was ample. We also found it a little dry.. I liked it, but we like a bit of sauce, and it was a bit bland, I actually added minced ginger and garlic when I was cooking the chicken, and even so we found it bland. However, it's quickly prepared, its healthy, and we did enjoy it! Made for ZWT 2009Reply
see 3 more