Recipe by HeatherFeather
From my Great Aunt Alta's recipe collection. Aunt Alta was a member in a local ladies "gourmet" club and this is one of the recipes she made for one of the club dinners.
Top Review by Stock Show Mom
My son prepared this recipe for a District Food Show and he won 3rd place, because of the color and variety of vegetables. He used Yellow pepper instead of green, so it would add a different dimension. We also added some garlic, so it would smell really good too. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen cut green beans (or 1 green, one yellow)
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup green bell pepper, seeded & sliced (optional)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all except butter together and pour into a covered casserole large enough to hold everything.
- Dot with butter, cover, and bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 2 hours OR cook on lowest heat in a covered suacepan for 40 minutes, then pour into a covered casserole and bake 1 hour.