Recipe by keen5
New red potatoes and peas served in a rich, bacon-flavored cream sauce.
Top Review by Marsha D.
Fabulous! We loved this recipe. The bacon and onion gave it the best flavor. I did leave out the thyme though only because of personal reasons. I did add alittle more milk too. This will be made alot more in the future. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 12 small red potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 ",pieces
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 ",pieces
- 1 cup red onion, cut into 1/2 ",pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 10 ounces frozen tender tiny peas, thawed,drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2-qt.
- saucepan place potatoes.
- Add enough water to cover; bring to a full boil.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in 10" skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until partially cooked (about 4 minutes).
- Add onion; continue cooking until browned.
- Drain off fat except for 2 tablespoons; set bacon and onion aside.
- Stir flour, thyme leaves, salt and pepper into reserved 2 tablespoons of fat.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly (about 30 seconds).
- Stir in Whipping cream, peas, bacon, onion and potatoes.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens and is heated through (about 3 to 4 minutes).