Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My Husband's Aunt Pat brought this recipe to a family gathering over the holidays. One Taste and I was hooked. This is so easy that even smaller children can make this with supervision. A co-worker told me she substituted Craisins for the raisins, and she was pleased with the results. I thought coconut might be a nice addition as well. Enjoy :)
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups thin pretzel sticks
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 10 ounces raisins
- Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add Butterscotch Chips, Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips, and Peanut Butter.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Microwave at 20 second intervals, stirring each time until mixture is completely melted.
- Stir in Pretzels, Dry Roasted Peanuts, and Raisins. The Pretzels will break into smaller pieces at this time.
- Spread into prepared baking dish.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Score into 1-2 inch squares.
- Return to refrigerator for at least another hour.
- Cooking Time includes refrigeration time.
- Note: If using creamy peanut butter, increase peanuts to 1 cup.
This was very easy to make! I used mixed nuts since thats what I had on hand, and left out the rasins since my husband is not a fan of them. They are very tasty little snacks!
one word NUMMY!!!!! another excellant choice for PAC 07. This will be one I use for Christmas. ADDICTIVE!
Wonderful change from the usual fudge! I used chocolate covered craisins instead of raisins but otherwise made as written. I'll need to hide this from myself (easy to do most days ;-) to have any left for my upcoming party. Thanks, my friend! Happy Holidays!