Hard Butterscotch Candy
photo by Angie L.
- Ready In:
- Put sugar, corn syrup, water and salt into saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat and cook until thermometer registers 250 degrees F, firm ball stage.
- Add butter; cook with occasional stirring until thermometer registers 300 degrees F (brittle stage).
- Remove from stove.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Pour into buttered shallow pan, making a layer 1/4 inch deep.
- While warm, crease into squares with a blunt knife.
- When cold, break into pieces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!