Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an adopted recipe.
Make and share this Audrey's Oriental Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, Firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 cup onion, sliced in thin rings
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (Cut into thin strips.)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in vinegar and soy sauce.
- Stir in pineapple, green pepper and onion, set aside.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Add chicken and stir fry, just until tender, and chicken has turned white.
- Add pineapple and vegetable mixture; stir until well mixed.
- Cover and simmer over low heat 15 minutes.
My husband and I really liked this. We will make it again. Thank you
In received numerous compliments when I made this for a church pot luck. I pretty much kept to the recipe except I used half green and half red peppers. Since this was a pot luck I cooked the chicken, warmed the vegetables and sauce, then placed everything in a crock pot for 3 hours. It turned out really good, however, I think it would be better stir fried right before serving. Thanks Pamela for a super easy yet flavorful recipe! I will make this one again.
We really enjoyed this! I used a 1 lb chicken breast, 1 red and 1 yellow pepper and 1 medium onion, then threw a 1/2 cup of frozen peas near the end because it needed some green. I also used 1 lb. frozen pineapple that I happened to have in my freezer. Turned out excellent. It made enough for the two of us plus dinner sometime through the week, and it was quick and easy!