Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Another family favorite, compliments of my wonderful SIL. These are found at potluck suppers, wedding showers, Easter dinner, and many summertime gatherings. Delicious and well worth the time it takes to make them.
- 907.18 g frozen hash brown potatoes
- 226.79 g Velveeta cheese
- 113.39 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 118.32 ml margarine
- 473.19 ml half-and-half
- Melt both cheeses, margarine, and half & half in a medium saucepan.
- Spread the potatoes over the bottom of a 9x13 cake pan. Pour the cheese mixture over the potatoes and let stand for 1 hour.
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Amazing. I was skeptical about the use of hash browns, but decided to try it... It is amazing. I made it for Christmas and everyone loved it.
Naughty but VERY nice! Made for supper tonight and although I have not served it yet - I have had two or three spoonfuls! I do not have any Velveeta cheese, so I used all cheddar - but I did use frozen rosti, which is very similar to hash browns - what a great idea! I cooked it for 45 minutes and just need to "flash" it later - a very easy and delicious gratin dish - made for ZWT3. Thanks! FT:-)
Comfort food, without a doubt. I used cubed frozen hashbrowns. I also added chopped onion for extra flavor. I only baked them for 45 minutes because they were getting too brown on top. I'll use this recipe again (with my little changes). Thanx!