Loaded Au Gratin Potatoes
photo by KPD123
- Ready In:
- 1 (5 ounce) box Betty Crocker au gratin potatoes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (I use panko)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F In 2-quart casserole, mix potatoes, sauce mix, boiling water, half-and-half and butter. Stir in remaining potato ingredients.Bake uncovered 35 minutes or until liquid is reduced.
- In the meantime, combine bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl; sprinkle mixture over potatoes. Bake 8 minutes longer or until topping is golden.
- Sprinkle with parsley to garnish.
- ***Variation: Instead of a breadcrumb topping in step 2, sprinkle some reserved bacon, cheddar and green onions on top!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!