Recipe by Lorac
Packaged au gratin potato mix is the magic ingredient for this one dish dinner casserole.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe on 1/8/13 for mine and my SO's dinner,and most importantly the Cook-A-Thon for our dear Lorac. :) I used one large chicken breast which was pounded to 1/3 inch piece and cut in half.Before browning, the chicken was sprinkled on both sides with a bit of seasoned salt & pepper. Since I didn't have the correct box size of the potatoes,the liquid portion of the recipe was adjusted to the directions on the box. For the veggies, I used some leftover peas and carrots. As I was adding the onions and mustard a small amount of pepper was also added. After 45 minutes of baking time,the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese was added and returned for another 5 minutes or so. We both liked it enough to give it a good " SOLID " 4 stars. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 2 1⁄2 lbs of your favorite chicken parts
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package au gratin potato mix
- 2 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In large skillet, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, brown chicken on all sidesand drain on paper towels.
- Pour potatoes and sauce mix into large rectangular baking pan.
- Stir in water, milk and mustard.
- Mix in onion and vegetables.
- Top with chicken pieces.
- Roast, uncovered, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Cook another 5 minutes, or until breadcrumbs brown and chicken juices run clear when stuck with a fork.