The exciting flavors, colors and textures make this dish completely satisfying. Smell the Mediterranean and taste the Atlantic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb mixed green beans (wax beans, purple beans, haricots verts and your favorite garden varieties)
- 2 -4 heirloom tomatoes (fresh from your garden)
- 24 ounces fresh cod (portioned to about 3 ounce pieces)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek (julienned and washed)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (minced, fresh)
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock (or chicken)
- 1/4 lb dry chorizo sausage (julienned, texture of beef jerky. Or use prosciutto)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt (garnish)
- cracked black pepper
- 1Clean the beans and blanch in salted water until tender (2-5 minutes depending on the varieties). Drain and shock in ice water, drain again and set aside.
- 2Cut the most delicious tomatoes you can find into thick, juicy slices and lay down on your serving plate.
- 3In a non-stick fry-pan, heat 1/3 Tablespoon of canola oil. Place 1/3 of the fish, seasoned with salt and pepper in the pan and saute for about 4 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and continue with remaining oil and fish.
- 4Wipe pan to rid it of any burning bits of fish. Add the olive oil and leeks and saute until tender (5 minutes).
- 5Add ginger, anchovy paste, vinegar and stock. Bring to a simmer, add beans and chorizo. Heat through. Taste for seasoning. Remember anchovies can be salty.
- 6Remove from stove, stir in parsley and spoon over tomato slices. Serve with fish, drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkled with coarse sea salt and freshly cracked peppercorns.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Atlantic Cod With Summer Beans With Crispy Chorizo
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.9
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 103.4 mg
- Sodium 822.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 41.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar