Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The exciting flavors, colors and textures make this dish completely satisfying. Smell the Mediterranean and taste the Atlantic!
- 1⁄2 lb mixed green beans (wax beans, purple beans, haricots verts and your favorite garden varieties)
- 2 -4 heirloom tomatoes (fresh from your garden)
- 24 ounces fresh cod (portioned to about 3 ounce pieces)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek (julienned and washed)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (minced, fresh)
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock (or chicken)
- 1⁄4 lb dry chorizo sausage (julienned, texture of beef jerky. Or use prosciutto)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (garnish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse sea salt (garnish)
- cracked black pepper
- Clean the beans and blanch in salted water until tender (2-5 minutes depending on the varieties). Drain and shock in ice water, drain again and set aside.
- Cut the most delicious tomatoes you can find into thick, juicy slices and lay down on your serving plate.
- In a non-stick fry-pan, heat 1/3 Tablespoon of canola oil. Place 1/3 of the fish, seasoned with salt and pepper in the pan and saute for about 4 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and continue with remaining oil and fish.
- Wipe pan to rid it of any burning bits of fish. Add the olive oil and leeks and saute until tender (5 minutes).
- Add ginger, anchovy paste, vinegar and stock. Bring to a simmer, add beans and chorizo. Heat through. Taste for seasoning. Remember anchovies can be salty.
- Remove from stove, stir in parsley and spoon over tomato slices. Serve with fish, drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkled with coarse sea salt and freshly cracked peppercorns.