Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A buddy e-mailed me this a few years ago,.I really like it.
- 3 chipotle chiles, stems removed
- 2 dried New Mexico red chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 piquin chilies, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- Cover dried chilies with hot water and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Sauté the onion in oil until soft.
- Add garlic, cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the chicken wings, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and puree in a blender until smooth.
- Cook over a slow fire, turning frequently, until done--about 30 minutes.
- Baste liberally with the sauce during the last 15 minutes of cooking.