Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great recipe from my collection of Atkins-friendly dinner recipes (and the best stroganoff I've had without noodles).
- 1 1⁄4 lbs skirt steaks, cut into 2-inch x 1-inch strips
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup small mushroom
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown meat in batches, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer to a platter and cover with foil. Melt butter in skillet; add onion and cook 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add mushrooms and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushroom liquid evaporates.
- Stir in beef broth and cook 10 minutes, until mushrooms are coated with a thick sauce.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Add meat and accumulated juices.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 2-3 minutes, until meat is heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.