Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe from Betty Crocker
- 2 lbs asparagus
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup or 2 tablespoons maple-flavored syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus spears. In 12-inch skillet or 4-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 inch water to boiling. Add asparagus. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; drain.
- In small bowl, mix maple syrup, mustard and oil. Drizzle over asparagus.
I cooked my asparagus in the oven, tossed in a little oil salt and pepper (the way we always cook it). On tasting the maple-mustard sauce, I decided it was just a bit sweet for us and added in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the half recipe I'd made of it. That worked well for us. Thanks for posting.
Loved the sauce! I steamed my asparagus instead of cooking it in boiling water. Otherwise made as posted. Everyone loved it. Thanks for sharing!
Did you know there's an asparagus.com? They want to spread the good word about the virtues of asparagus. Very thorough, but the only thing left out was that asparagus is an excellent food that easily lets nature take its course. Srsly. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.