Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Betty Crocker
Top Review by JustJanS
I cooked my asparagus in the oven, tossed in a little oil salt and pepper (the way we always cook it). On tasting the maple-mustard sauce, I decided it was just a bit sweet for us and added in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the half recipe I'd made of it. That worked well for us. Thanks for posting.
- 2 lbs asparagus
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup or 2 tablespoons maple-flavored syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus spears. In 12-inch skillet or 4-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 inch water to boiling. Add asparagus. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; drain.
- In small bowl, mix maple syrup, mustard and oil. Drizzle over asparagus.