Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 lbs medium asparagus, stems peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring a large pan of well-salted water to a boil.
- Put in asparagus and bring back to a boil.
- Cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Arrange the cooled asparagus on a platter.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients, and spoon vinaigrette over all.
- Top with an additional grind of pepper.
This recipe was so easy to make. It tasted great. If making this for company I would double this. I ate a pound by myself.