Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Created this recipe by playing around with differant ingredients. Had a lot of recipe requests from friends.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) envelope Knorr Leek mix
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Clean asparagus, removing and discarding woody sections then cut into 3/4" lengths.
- Bring about 1 quart of water to a boil, add asparagus, remove the asparagus (asparagus should be tender crisp) when water returns to boil - reserving 1 1/2 Cups of the the liquid (save the bottom portion where the bits are).
- Add the 1 1/2 cups of reserved liquid back to the pot along with the 1 1/2 cups Half and Half, Leek Soup Mix (Mix Well), Beef or Veggie Buillion, Garlic Powder, and Black Pepper. Bring mxture to a boil - stirring frequently, then reduce heat to low for 5 minutes - stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the asparagus to the soup mixture along with the butter and serve.
I am amazed how easy this is to make. The best asparagus soup I have ever tasted