Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great recipe for anyone that likes asparagus. I got this recipe from Bishop Haas/Knights Of Columbus Council 4362
- 1 1⁄2 cups Ritz crackers (about 39)
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 1 (1 lb) can asparagus, pieces
- 6 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (5 ounce) jarkraft old English cheese
- salt and pepper
- Crush crackers in a plastic bag.
- Add the melted margarine and shake to mix.
- Drain asparagus.
- Put half of the crumbs in a 9 inch square pan.
- Layer egg slices over crumbs and top with asparagus.
- In a saucepan, melt the 4 Tbs.
- of margarine; stir in flour and milk, slowly to avoid lumps.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper.
- Stir, cooking over low heat until it thickens.
- Pour over asparagus and top with remaining cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 450 degrees 12-14 minutes.