Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was a veggie delight I came up with on spur of the moment and I’m so glad I was inspired. It is so easy, the flavors are all natural and come together to make a nice rich flavorsome juice which is why no extra spices are needed. I hope you like it.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 leek (sliced 1/2 thick)
- 4 large mushrooms (sliced)
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus
- 1 small zucchini (unpeeled)
- 1 medium tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- grated fresh parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Cut off stalk ends of asparagus and throw away. Cut off tips and reserve in bowl. Cut the remaining stalk in halves or thirds (your discretion).
- Slice the zucchini in half and then slice up in bite-size chunks.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Add finely chopped garlic, slice leeks and sauté until browned.
- Add mushrooms to the fry pan and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add asparagus (except for tips) and zucchini to the fry pan.
- Add salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Cover and simmer until tender; about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and asparagus tips and cook for a further 5 minutes until the tomatoes are cooked but not mushy.
- Garnish with grated fresh parmesan cheese.