Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
1001 Low Fat Recipes. Vegetarian!
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked and kept warm
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Saute asparagus and garlic in oil in a large skillet until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except salt, pepper and cheese. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture has thickened, 3-5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over linguini, topped with cheese.
I found this while searching for a way to use a beautiful bunch of asparagus. I was able to make it with stuff I had in the house and my husband and I loved it!
This is such a quick, easy recipe. I added a little more garlic and did not use cheese. I love how fresh everything tasted. Thanks for the recipe!!!