Recipe by Adopted Parisian
Potato soup with an elegant twist! So beautifully colored -it's creaminess is hard to resist!
Top Review by StacyMD187373
This was an easy to make, good tasting soup. I made a half recipe and used a russett potato in place of the red since that's what I had and added a little salt and pepper. I also used the immersion blender before adding the cheese and sour cream. Made a great, light lunch! Reviewed for the Bargain Basement tag game.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces red potatoes, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan cook onion in hot oil over medium heat until tender. Sprinkle flour over onion and stir to coat. Add chicken broth, asparagus, milk, garlic, and potatoes.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add cheddar and sour cream; stir until cheese is melted.