Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love to have this on hand.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped small
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup san-j wheat-free gluten-free soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash garlic powder
- crisp whole iceberg lettuce
- Heat 2 T oil in a large skillet.
- Add turkey and cook about 5 minutes, stirring to break up the meat; remove from skillet.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same skillet and saute carrots, zucchini, and onions for 1 minute.
- Add turkey, soy sauce, sugar, and garlic powder; cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Turn into a serving dish and accompany with lettuce leaves.
- To eat, wrap filling in lettuce leaves (use lettuce leaf like a taco shell).
- Variation: Spoon the meat mixture over a bed of salad greens for an Asian-style salad.
This made an excellent addition to my Christmas appetizer buffet! I used lean ground pork instead of turkey with great results. Also substituted chopped water chestnuts for the zucchini for extra crunch. I served this with an Oriental dipping sauce. Thanks, GP!
I have gone on a diet, but this time I have decided to approach it differently. Instead of feeling deprived I am glamourizing my meals. I had this for lunch, got some strange looks from fellow worker. I brought the filling and heated it up in micro, then rolled it up in the lettuce leaves.
Very very easy to make. I highly reccommend cutting the oil in half for less fat. I also added water chesnuts in lieu of the zucchini, as well as minced garlic. As far as ease, I give it 5 stars. Flavor, 3 stars. Thanks for sharing!!