Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another one from Cooking Light.
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons bottled chopped garlic
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed (about 6 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup diagonally cut green onion
- 4 teaspoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine long-grain rice, 1 cup water, and fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, hot sauce, and garlic in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Set aside.
- Cook snow peas and shrimp in boiling water 2 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Add snow peas, shrimp, green onions, and rice to soy mixture; toss well to combine.
- Top with almonds. Serve immediately.