Dan's Asian Rice
This delicious rice dish, created by my son, goes great with many Asian inspired dishes. I especially like it with my recipe for Recipe #319003. You can cut the recipe in half for 2 people without any problems. I have made this for 2 people and use 1 tsp. chili paste. It is spicy, but not "Real Hot". This rice has lots of flavor! I served with Sweet Soy Sauce Drizzled over the top of the rice as shown in my picture. Preparation time DOES NOT include time to cook rice.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 teaspoon sambal oblek chili paste (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 4 cups brown basmati rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce (Kecap Manis ABC brand)
- Cook rice or use left overs. Set aside.
- In a wok, over medium-high heat add olive oil. Let the wok get hot, then add in the celery and carrots. Cook for 2 minutes stirring.
- Add onions. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and chili paste, and cook for 1 minute, stirring as you cook.
- Turn heat down to medium, then add in the rice. Mix rice in well with vegetables.
- Add soy sauces, and mix well. Let rice get nice and hot before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I made this rice to accompany a hoisin grilled salmon recipe. I loved this rice. DH said he liked it, but thought it was "too carroty." I am overriding him as I thought it was perfect as is and went well with our Asian main dish. I am adding this to my keeper file. The ingredients were easily halved to serve 2. Thanks for posting.