Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This sauce is full of flavor. It's tangy, salty, spicy! Serve over or along side fried tofu, chicken or pork. Before serving garnish with fresh sliced scallions (green onions).
- 4 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh ginger, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄8 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried chili
- 3 lbs plums, pitted & chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of, fresh
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place first 11 ingredients into pot.
- Bring to a boil then simmer 30 minutes.
- Mix water and cornstarch.
- Blend in a blender the solids from the pot with the cornstarch mixture and put back with the liquid simmering all the while.
- Simmer till thickened.
- Pour into sterilized jars (size you like) and put into a water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove jars from water bath cool and store in a cool dark place.
This plum sauce is so good! I made 5 batch's of it! I used pure maple syrup instead of the brown sugar as I don't like using sugar. It is a big hit with family and friends. One batch I made it with fresh squeezed OJ and rind with a hint of cloves. Love it ....Love it!
This is lovely, all ingredients are spot on, the only thing i did different was that i did not add the two cups of water and the sauce thickened nicely on its own without the addition of cornstarch. Thanks..its a keeper
I was given yellow plums and wanted to make something I could us as a gift. This was perfect. I make a Hawaiian style sauce that uses apricot preserves and will be modifying that recipe to use this sauce from now on. Thank you for a great recipe.