Chef #1107673's Note:
I saw these on Food Network Pioneer Woman show. I am planning on making for Super Bowl and put here for safe keeping. I like that they can be fried in advance and reheated in the oven! Perfect for a party!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- canola oil, for frying
- 24 chicken wings, parts
- 3/4 cup plum jelly
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (less of you'd like less heat!)
- 3 -4 assorted hot peppers, minced (serranos, jalapenos, and so on)
- thinly sliced carrots and cucumber (julienne)
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Heat 3 inches of canola oil in a heavy pot to 375 degrees F.
- 2Add half the chicken wing parts to the oil and fry them until they're golden brown and fully cooked, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the other half of the wing parts.
- 3Add the plum jelly to a bowl. Then stir in the soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Add the brown sugar, ginger, red onions, garlic, red pepper flakes and hot peppers. Stir to combine, and then pour it into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the sauce until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Then turn off the heat.
- 4Place the wings in an ovenproof dish and pour the sauce over the top, reserving some sauce for serving. Toss to coat, and then bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- 5Place the wings in dishes, and then spoon extra sauce over the top. Serve with cool vegetables to go with that delicious heat.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Hot Wings by Pioneer Woman/ Ree Drummond (Make Ahead)
Serving Size: 1 (659 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 908.5
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 226.3 mg
- Sodium 1246.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 48.0 g
- Protein 56.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar