Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
flavorful and quick - i usually serve this with some jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 10 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (can also use veg or canola)
- whisk together first 7 ingredients in a small bowl in a wok, heat 1 tsp oil until very hot stir fry the scallions until they start to look golden (30 sec- 1 minute) and remove heat remaining oil, stir fry chicken until it is browned and almost done (2- 3 min).
- remove, pouring any juices over chicken add the mixture from the small bowl to the pan and boil until it gets syrupy add chicken and juices and cook until chicken is done and liquid looks like it is glazing the chicken (about 1 minute) remove from heat and fold in scallions.
Fantastic flavor. For the oil, I used half peanut oil and half sesame oil. I recserved some chopped raw scallions to garnish. This chicken is a cinch to make and is better than take-out. Boneless thighs would work well with this recipe, too. Thanx!
This was delicious! I used toasted almond pilaf. The flavors were intense! This is a easy fast great recipe afr0bunny, Thank You!
Made this last night as I had scallions that needed to be used. Great recipe, lots of flavor and simple to make. DH said "it's a keeper", which is great as he is picky!