Recipe by IOjaw
Another original fusion meal... NOTE: since sauces tend to taste better when given time to allow the flavors to merge, I started the Shrimp-Tomato Sauce base earlier in the day...
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 100 g mushrooms (sliced)
- 20 frozen shrimp (defrosted and shells removed)
- 50 g arugula (sliced)
- 1⁄2 large carrot (sliced)
- 2 slices bacon (diced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, flakes
- 3 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Shrimp-Tomato Sauce - Earlier in the day - in a small pot on medium heat, sauté onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Add garlic, pepper, oregano, thyme, soy sauce, sugar, tomato paste, and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Cover, remove from heat, and set aside.
- ***About one-half hour prior to serving, begin simmering sauce on low heat and add mushrooms and shrimp.
- Arugula-Carrot Rice - Brown bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp.
- Meanwhile, grate arugula and carrot in food processor.
- Add butter and processed mixture to bacon in frying pan, lightly sauté.
- Add rice and mix thoroughly.
- Arrange the rice mixture in a mound around the edges of a serving plate, leaving the center hollow.
- Fill the center with the Shrimp-Tomato Sauce.
- ***I topped the dinner with freshly snipped basil and served Parmesan cheese on the side.