Recipe by Annacia
Tender veal chops are browned and then roasted with bell peppers and artichokes. A fabulous springtime meal.
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! This was simple and good. I didn't have fresh herbs so had to use dried. I relly enjoyed the artichokes in this yummy recipe. Thanks Annacia for yet another keeper. Made for Photo Tag.
- 4 (6 ounce) lean veal chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sliced sweet pepper, orange, red and yellow
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from veal chops. Rub cracked pepper over chops.
- Coat a large ovenproof nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chops, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned.Remove chops from skillet; set aside. Wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel.
- Place green pepper and next 4 ingredients in skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in artichoke hearts. Return chops to skillet, spooning artichoke mixture over veal chops. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until veal is tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve immediately.