Prep 8 mins
Cook 40 mins
Tender veal chops are browned and then roasted with bell peppers and artichokes. A fabulous springtime meal.
- 4 (6 ounce) lean veal chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sliced sweet pepper, orange, red and yellow
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Trim fat from veal chops. Rub cracked pepper over chops.
- Coat a large ovenproof nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chops, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned.Remove chops from skillet; set aside. Wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel.
- Place green pepper and next 4 ingredients in skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in artichoke hearts. Return chops to skillet, spooning artichoke mixture over veal chops. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until veal is tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve immediately.
Yum! This was simple and good. I didn't have fresh herbs so had to use dried. I relly enjoyed the artichokes in this yummy recipe. Thanks Annacia for yet another keeper. Made for Photo Tag.
This was quite tasty. The mellowness of the veal worked well with the artichokes. I used thinner chops than specified, so I only put it in the oven for about 20 minutes. I will definitely be making this again. It is the first non-fried veal dish to get DBF's stamp of approval, which makes me very happy.