1/1 Photo of Artichoke-Sausage Stuffing / Dressing
mikey & ev's Note:
from Quick Fix Meals. We actually couldn't find turkey sausage, so we got uncased pork sausage from Whole Foods, cooked it in the pan, drained the fat, and did everything else exactly as stated. Very tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb turkey sausage, casing removed (or Italian sausage)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (button or cremini)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 loaf French baguette, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4-6 cups cubed)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth (or more as needed)
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F (or if cooking inside turkey, preheat to 450°F).
- 2Place a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3When pan is hot, add sausage and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until browned and cooked through, breaking up the meat as it cooks.
- 4Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, and poultry seasoning and cook 3 minutes, until mushrooms soften.
- 5Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add bread cubes, artichoke hearts, cheese, parsley, and 1 1/2 cups broth.
- 6Toss to combine, allowing liquid to soften bread cubes. If stuffing seems dry, add more broth to soak cubes.
- 7Bake stuffing at 325°F for 30 minutes in shallow baking dish.
- 8** If cooking in turkey: Loosely stuff bread mixture into turkey (extra stuffing can be baked in shallow dish next to the turkey). Place turkey in preheated oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 325°F Roast turkey 20 minutes per pound, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 180-185°F.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke-Sausage Stuffing / Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.4
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 1325.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 26.8 g