Yummy pasta recipe.
Make and share this Artichoke Sauce With Linguini recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I use more!!)
- 10 -12 canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (About 2 cans)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- linguine (as much as you want!)
- sliced ripe olives
- Cook oil, butter, flour, chicken broth until it thickens.
- Add garlic, artichoke hearts, lemon juice, and cheese.
- Continue cooking until flavors blend (about 5 minutes).
- Ad capers and parsley.
- Toss with linguini cooked al dente.
- Top pasta dishes with small sliced black olives.
I cooked this last night and I loved it...I really like the taste from the lemon juice! What I had left over we used as a dip for corn chips!
I'd been making a similar recipe from an Italian cookbook, but I lost it -- I'm very happy to have found this. Personally I leave out the capers and olives, and I think it's still quite flavorful. Don't worry about the butter, this is worth it!
Yummy, very nice everyday pasta, especially, if you like capers and other things acidy. I did not find this bland at all. Yes, a lot of fat, but half of it is olive oil, very good for you, surely it will counteract all the "badness" of butter.