This quiche makes a yummy, light dinner. Serve with a mug of soup, and a small tossed salad to complete the meal.
- Cut artichoke hearts into quarters, or large dice.
- In frying pan over low heat, add oil, saute whole garlic cloves for a minute or so.
- Add artichoke hearts and saute them until they start to brown.
- Remove garlic cloves, and let the artichokes cool.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, add the cream, Romano and mozzerella cheeses and pepper, mixing well.
- Add the artichokes and the oil from the pan to the egg mixture, mix well.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 35 minutes or until filling is set and just starts to brown.
This is delicious! I chop up a couple of cloves of garlic and sauté them and leave them in...otherwise seems like a waste of garlic to me but I do love garlic. I also chop the artichoke hearts pretty fine. Such an easy, quick recipe and very yummy especially for a nice meatless dish. Love!!
This was delicious! I made a couple changes: as suggested, I used 8 oz instead of 4 oz of mozzarella and I used 3 cloves of garlic that I smashed once with a flat knife because I like garlic. I had to cook for an extra 15 minutes and it probably could've cooked longer but I was STARVING. Next time I'll use shredded mozzarella and use less olive oil. Thank you for posting I will be saving it.
This was very good. I used a homemade pie crust and added provolone with the mozzarella cheese. I think it would be good with chicken chunks added.