Recipe by Michelle S.
At a previous job whenever the party sign up list got to me I was already filled in to bring this every time! It can be easily halved, but I recommend using only full fat ingredients, it does NOT turn out well with light or nonfat products.
Top Review by Michelle Burress Jellison
OK, I made this and loved it. I halved the recipe and I did about 2 things different: I prefer actual garlic to garlic powder, and it is so super easy to do this--First thing I did was put 3 (use 6 if doing the full recipe) cloves of garlic (in the skin still) wrapped in foil in the oven while it preheated and while I did the other prep like chopping the artichokes and softening cream cheese. you'll be amazed at the flavor of this garlic. When you're to the part where you add the garlic, remove the foil pouch from the oven, cut the root part of the garlic, and then use the side of your knife to crush the garlic. the garlic will mostly slight right out of the skin. Then I chopped it up really fine. This roasting keeps the garlic from being too strong.
The other thing was I sprinkled bread crumbs on the top before baking...just a little touch that doesn't make a big difference, but is nice.
I made this for just my husband and myself, so even after halfing the recipe it was more than we needed, so I divided the recipe into 3 4-inch round creme-brulee type ramekins and popped 2 in the freezer. 25 minutes was just right for the one ramekin we used. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 can water packed artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese (I use Krafts cannister)
- garlic powder (I like plenty)
- parsley flakes
- cayenne pepper
- baguette or buttery cracker, as dippers
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coarsely chop artichokes, set aside.
- Take cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add seasonings and artichokes.
- Blend well by hand.
- Place dip into a casserole (I use a fluted quiche dish) and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly golden brown.
- Slice bagette, place out crackers, and watch them chow down.