Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great low fat hummus.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes, drained and rinsed
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Blend everything together in food processor. Allow to sit in refrigerator for a few hours to blend flavours.
- Note - I used water instead of broth, so I added about 1/2 tsp of McCormick no salt herb seasoning. Also, fresh parsley would work great.
This is a nice version of hummus and I'm sure it will only get even better as it sits overnight. I did increase the spices to our liking. Definitely a keeper as we make hummus all the time and I always like to try different hummus combinations. Made for Spring PAC, 2014.
Very good! I used chickpeas that I cooked myself rather than canned, and water instead of broth. Because of that I added about one extra teaspoon of salt. I didn't have any parsley so I just left it out. It definately needs to sit a few hours in the refrigerator before serving to allow the flavors to combine. I served it with pita bread and it was delicious! I think that fresh or roasted garlic would be a good addition as well. Thank you!