Instant Pot Favorite Chickpea Hummus
photo by Judy_SKF
- Ready In:
- 1 cup dried garbanzo beans
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- parsley (chopped)
- paprika (regular or smoked)
- extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse the chickpeas and add to Instant Pot.
- Cover chickpeas with 6 cups of water.
- Add crushed garlic and bay leaves to Instant Pot.
- Cook for 18 minutes on high pressure (manual).
- When time is up let the Instant Pot release naturally.
- Drain chickpeas, reserving 1 cup of liquid. Pick out and discard bay leaves.
- Once chickpeas have cooled, pour into a food processor along with the garlic.
- Add 1/2 cup of the liquid and the Tahini, lemon juice, cumin. Puree until creamy. Add additional liquid as needed.
- When the mixture reaches the right consistency, add salt to taste and puree again to mix well.
- To Serve: Make a nice deep grove in the middle. Drizzle Olive Oil, parsley and Paprika.
- There are many varieties/versions of hummus. If using your Instant Pot, throw your harder vegetables (garlic, peppers, cauliflower, carrots . . . ) in with your beans and blend together with your beans in your food processor.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Simple Kitchen Favorites is all about cooking, dining, sharing and exploring family favorites and keeping our menu's healthy, homemade and simple.