Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mama's artichoke cheese balls.
- 16 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and mashed (Two 8oz cans?)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Mash 2 cans drained artichoke hearts.
- Put olive oil into frying pan.
- Saute cloves.
- Add mashed artichokes and eggs.
- Saute and stir about 5 minutes.
- Mix bread crumbs and cheese in bowl.
- Remove mix from heat, roll into balls, roll in bread crumb and cheese mixture.
Holy Balls Batman! And that was a comment from the shy and humble. Added cayenne and was 5 stars good.
I must have used the wrong type of artichokes as I wasn't able to get them to mash up properly. I couldn't manage to get the balls to stay together. End result is a very tasty mess. I'd love it if you could add more detail to this recipe.
I served these last week as part of a multi course meal. Due to the very delicate flavor they were first after the peppermint tea. To dress them up I served them on top of butter lettuce with a small strip of red roasted red pepper on top. Forgot to take pictures. I really think that next time I want to spice these up a little.