Artichoke and Fennel Salad
- Trim the feathery tops from the fennel bulbs, reserving several for garnish, and trim the stalks to the point where they meet the bulb, reserving them for another use.
- Quarter the bulbs, discarding the core, and slice the quarters thin crosswise. In a large.
- bowl combine the fennel, the artichoke hearts, the tomatoes, and the olives. In a bowl whisk together the anchovy paste, the oil, the lemon juice, the orégano, and the thyme.
- Toss the fennel mixture with the dressing, season it with the pepper and salt, and.
- garnish the salad with the reserved fennel tops.
- Serves 6.