Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great antipasta.
- 2 fennel bulbs (about 2 pounds)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pitted brine-cured black olives
- 1 ounce about 3 flat anchovy fillet, drained, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- Trim the feathery tops from the fennel bulbs, reserving several for garnish, and trim the stalks to the point where they meet the bulb, reserving them for another use.
- Quarter the bulbs, discarding the core, and slice the quarters thin crosswise. In a large.
- bowl combine the fennel, the artichoke hearts, the tomatoes, and the olives. In a bowl whisk together the anchovy paste, the oil, the lemon juice, the orégano, and the thyme.
- Toss the fennel mixture with the dressing, season it with the pepper and salt, and.
- garnish the salad with the reserved fennel tops.
- Serves 6.
This is a good recipe, considering I am new to fennel. It was crisp and clean, but lacked a little something. I added more lemon juice and olives. Overall, good for a summer BBQ or with grilled chicken