Fennel Orange Salad
- Ready In:
2 1 1/2 cup servings
- 10 ounces fennel bulbs, stalks, fronds and outer leaves trimmed, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 small orange, navel, segmented (see step 3)
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- How to segment an orange (copy and paste in your browser window - http://www.weightwatchers.ca/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=37881.
Join The Conversation
This is so good and sophisticated. I didn't like the fennel raw (when I jus tried it when cutting it up). But after letting in "marinate" it was fabulous!! I sliced everything really really thinly. Will make again often! Really great for a dinner party. Thanks for posting Nif! Stacy G, Culinary Quest 2017, Wales
I found this salad unique and enjoyable and what I like most is that it is low on calories without any loss of taste. I found the fennel to be the most interesting of the ingredients with its natural licorice flavor. It balanced well with the oranges and dressing. I'll be having it again for my lunch at work tomorrow. Thank you for sharing Nif. Made it for CQ 4, 2017 - Wales.