Hot and Sour Rhubarb With Chicken
photo by esteban
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 200 g rhubarb, chopped up small
- 150 ml water
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 dried red chili
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 150 g dried noodles
- fresh coriander
- 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the chicken pieces in a casserole dish.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients (rhubarb through to ginger) in a bowl, then pour over the chicken. Mix together.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Check it a couple of times whilst cooking as you may need to give it a stir to stop it sticking.
- Just before the chicken is cooked, boil some water in a saucepan and cook the noodles.
- Drain the noodles, serve and ladle the chicken and sauce over. Add a generous amount of fresh coriander to the top and half a lime on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I think I'd rename this to "Hot and Sour Chicken with Rhubarb"! This is fantastic! Where I live, rhubarb is a big thing, so, when speaking to co-workers about this dish, they were all intrigued! Who'd have thought that rhubarb could elevate from pie or cobbler status?! Used rhubarb from my garden and made as directed. Thanks, Kitzy! Made for PRMR.