Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a really good Mexican rice recipe. I thought my kids would never want anything but the "Spanish Rice" that comes in a box, but as they grew their tastes matured too, thank goodness! I like to use fresh raw peas and corn kernels when possible. Try this, I think you'll like it! UPDATE: Thanks to my Zaar friends Rita and Paula, I've edited my mistake in the amount of broth originally posted to 3 1/2 cups.
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 small carrot (diced)
- 473.18 ml raw rice
- 29.58 ml dried ancho chile powder
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 118.29 ml tomatoes (chopped)
- 828.06 ml broth
- 59.14 ml peas
- 59.14 ml corn
- 29.58 ml green peppers (diced)
- 0.25 ml oregano
- Saute onion in oil until soft. Add garlic and carrot, cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice, cook until light golden, sprinkle with chili powder and cumin. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, simmer over low for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Good rice and not too spicy; just the way we like it. I used red pepper instead of green, but otherwise made as written. Made 1/2 the recipe since just DH and I eat rice. Made for I Recommend Tag.
Very good rice, made as per recipe except that I omitted the carrot and upped the green pepper. A good flavour without being overpowering, I doubled the recipe because we often eat rice and its good to have already cooked rice convenient in the fridge or freezer! Thank you, much enjoyed, made for ZWT8
loved this just used frozen mixed veggies in this easy good flavor