Recipe by Chef PotPie
This is a really good Mexican rice recipe. I thought my kids would never want anything but the "Spanish Rice" that comes in a box, but as they grew their tastes matured too, thank goodness! I like to use fresh raw peas and corn kernels when possible. Try this, I think you'll like it! UPDATE: Thanks to my Zaar friends Rita and Paula, I've edited my mistake in the amount of broth originally posted to 3 1/2 cups.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Good rice and not too spicy; just the way we like it. I used red pepper instead of green, but otherwise made as written. Made 1/2 the recipe since just DH and I eat rice. Made for I Recommend Tag.
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 small carrot (diced)
- 473.18 ml raw rice
- 29.58 ml dried ancho chile powder
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 118.29 ml tomatoes (chopped)
- 828.06 ml broth
- 59.14 ml peas
- 59.14 ml corn
- 29.58 ml green peppers (diced)
- 0.25 ml oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in oil until soft. Add garlic and carrot, cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice, cook until light golden, sprinkle with chili powder and cumin. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, simmer over low for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.